Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Schedule

As you can read about here, I am considering staying home more often. As soon as I typed it out, I realized it was something I really needed to give more attention too. For many reasons. I hate driving around all the time. It is easy to lose touch with J and K when we are on the run all day. We're not really interacting much because we're busy doing whatever it is we're doing.

So last night I took a good look at our schedule and decided on a few changes. I am shortening our school week to just three days a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be school days. On those days we'll just stay home... no car usage (unless dh is home and has plans). There is a park in our neighborhood we can walk to, we can find time for the nature study I have been trying to incorporate, and we can have time at home to just do nothing.

Tuesday and Thursday are our park days anyway, so they will be days off from schooling. J has capoiera on Tuesdays, and once K is done with her ballet recital, she wants to switch to capoeira. So I will only have one "class" to drag kids around to. Any errands can be accomplished on Tuesday or Thursday, or else saved for the weekend.

It all sounds good in theory. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new plan :) We also try to stay home a few days a week. I love those days the most - relaxing and productive both.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I enjoyed checking out yours - I love the owl theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling the same need to stay home more often. It is not as EASY in many ways (at least for me-- it is very hard for me, actually), but I suspect it is a more valuable way to spend our time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated.
    I like the new blog description.

    ReplyDelete