seeking house for long term commitment.
Hoping relationship will lead to a forever home.
Should be interested in happy family dinners,
long hours playing in the back yard,
sweet dreams, and happy memories.
We're moving again. Since J was born, we have lived in 6 places, not including the time we've spent in hotels between houses. FWIW, J is only 6 and a half and we've been in this house 2 years. That's a lot of moves squeezed into his first 4.5 years. I'm tired of moving, but hoping that this next one will settle us down! I am taking a cue from those folks who write down everything they want in a partner, and then suddenly meet the person of their dreams... here is my house wish list:
- At least 2000 sf... our current 1500 is bursting at the seams with 2 adults, 3 high energy kids, 2 big dogs, and a fish
- Backyard should be sunny enough to grow veggies with a least a few trees for shade and for climbing, and maybe a hammock.
- Laundry area must be indoors... our current laundry area is in the garage and I hate it
- A new-ish AC system and double pane windows... Texas is too hot for anything else...oh and screens in all the windows
- Playroom in the downstairs
- Eat In Kitchen
- Fire place
- Two inch wood blinds throughout
- A nice front yard and good curb appeal
- Tile or Laminate in at least the downstairs, preferably throughout
- Garden tub, no jets in the bathtubs... no funky mold or damp smell in the house
- Neutral colors, no plaid wallpaper
- A place we can be for the next three to five years... with the way we move, that would seem like an eternity
- And since this is my WISH list, I'd like to be able to have a few chickens!