Monday, June 15, 2009

Pity.... Party of One

I'm having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Like Alexander. I am feeling so whiny right now, so I am going to complain! If you don't want to listen to me whine, you should probably click on something else. Check back later and I am sure I'll have cheered up by then.

I went to bed with a sore throat, and when I woke up at 6:30am to take ibuprofen, it was still sore. I am still sick. Worse than yesterday. Achy, fevery, sore sore throat, blech. But Owl Poppa is also sick... and sickER than me. I hate that. I know it is whiny and ridiculous of me, but I just want all the attention and sympathy for me. Maybe I should move to Australia. I woke up early and couldn't think of anything to cook for breakfast. I did laundry, worked with the kids on their reading lessons, and got K dressed while trying to pretend I didn't feel so terrible. I didn't have time to shave my legs so I didn't get to wear one of my new skirts today. I bet I could have worn my skirt in Australia. I had to take K to the doctor this morning for a rash (worse than the usual eczema) she developed over the weekend. Turns out, the doctor thinks she has chicken pox. So now we have to stay home and away from the rest of the world for the next week or so while we wait to see if W gets it. Do I have to stay away from Australia? So I'm sick, tired, fussy, and facing at least a week of confinement. And the sad part is, K really isn't any itchier than normal. :( J has been more contrary than usual... I think it's the steady diet of take out and snack food he's had since I got sick. And he's mad that he has to miss Capoeira on K's account (the chicken pox). I wonder if they have Capoeira in Australia. We are supposed to be out of our current house in less than six weeks. Our property manager is working as our rental agent. She is... let's just call it "less than helpful" about the whole thing. She told me point blank that she wants me to do the footwork because she doesn't make very much on rental commisions. So now, I need to find a new rental agent. And I can't in good faith go and expose a bunch of people til K gets better. SO I can't realy start looking for a new place til next week. Next week, I said, I'll be in Australia. I know that there are much worse things we could be dealing with, but man, none of this was on my to-do list. I will add "Move to Australia" to my to-do list. It probably won't get done either. I'm having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

So I am openly soliciting sympathy! Please send me a few virtual hugs. The virtual kick in the pants to suck it up and move on can come tomorrow.

It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that. Even in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. I won't kick you in the pants even when tomorrow comes. You will find something because these things always work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete